DNN Blog Application Fact Sheet
Dates & Time
- Entering the time is optional, many platforms choose to only have the date display which is a web part setting for each portal.
- Dates are committed by the system at time of first creation to provide specific feature funcionalities. If a date or time is entered incorrectly the article needs to be re-seeded as a new entry and the original deleted.
- All portals are set to Pacific time unless otherwise requested, there is no regionalization on time stamps to anonymous users.
- Entering a future date or time will cause an “published” entry to conditionally display at that date/time native to the DNN portal’s time.
General Publishing & Management
- Each Blog has an official owner, only that owner can add new posts. Blog owners can be reassigned on SQL server by administrators per request.
- Any portal-level administrator can edit an existing Blog entry on any parent or child blog in their portal
- Existing entries can be re-assigned from one child blog to another, but not from parent blog to other parent blog.
- Leaving the article “unpublished” will hide it from all users, including other administrators until it is manually published by the Blog’s owner.
- When necessary to use a trademark or copyright symbol in the article's title, use the HTML character code as the Blog Permalink feature will not work otherwise.